Join us for the second annual Saffronita Day! A day of festivities in honor of our amazing student community including:
- student & faculty performances
- Saffronita Dinner Special by Karu & Toast
- belly dance costume swap meet
- LIVE MUSIC & dance party!
2:00 - 4:00pm "The ABC’s of Reda Technique" Workshop with Ranya Renée
4:00 - 8:00pm Bellydance Swap Meet
4:30 - 6:30pm "Mastering Reda Technique Workshop" with Ranya Renée
4:30 - 6:30pm Summer Choreography Sampler Classes (20 minutes long each)
4:30 - 4:50 - Persian w/ Annie
5:00 - 5:20 - O2/2+ w/ Linda
5:30 - 5:50 - Fusion w/ Elena Faye
6:00 - 6:20 - O2+/3 w/ Elena Faye
6:30 - 7:15pm Refreshments & Shopping
7:15 - 8:00pm Saffronita Day Showcase featuring student and faculty performances!
8:00 - 9:30pm Live Music & Open Dancing
Please RSVP HERE if you plan on attending the evening festivities!
KARU & TOAST'S SAFFRONITA DINNER SPECIAL
Crafted specially for Saffronitas, this delicious and nutritious meal will fuel you up so you can keep moving!
** Pre-order by 9pm on Friday, May 16th to receive a sweet reward! **
Veggie or Chicken Wrap
Sweet Pea Side Salad
Organic blue corn tortilla chips with mango salsa
Oatmeal cranberry cookies * or Organic Chia Pudding
Iced hibiscus tea or Sweet Tea
*Gluten-Free Option Available upon request
PRE ORDER HERE
COSTUME SWAP PARTICIPATION
Do you have belly-dance related tops, pants, costumes, props, jewelry, bras, caftans, etc. that you are bored with or won't use again? Bring them to the Saffronita Day Swap Meet and sell them to your your fellow Saffronitas! There are 2 swap events built into the Saffronita Day schedule - you can come at 3:30pm OR 6:00pm! Please note: The evening Swap will run until the end of the evening events (performances and open dancing).
(1) RSVP to Diane Nees (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the TIME you want to come set up your items (3:30pm or 6pm) and a LIST of your items for sale. In order to participate you MUST RSVP by midnight WEDNESDAY, May 14th!!
(2) Mark your items with YOUR NAME and SALE PRICE (you can pin a piece of paper to each item). We will have tables and garment racks/hangers in the breezeway for you to set up your items.
(3) Arrive at the prescribed time to set up - then sell, shop, and mingle!!
Payment will be sellers choice - cash, check, good faith, etc. The studio ipad will be available if you are interested in using PayPal with your fellow Saffronitas.
Feeling a real sales itch?? Post photos of your items here on the event page to give buyers a sneak peak of what's for sale!